APPLY NOW: Simonyi Center Internship Opportunities Available 2016
Five times every year University of Pecs and Ohio University students convene in Pecs for two 6-week consulting programs working with start ups, existing businesses, non-profits, and the university intellectual property. Both Ohio and Pecs students receive internship credit for the experience.
The Hungarian, American, and International students are assembled into teams and assigned clients. The clients consist of high technology businesses, start-ups, local and international companies. Students need to immediately bond and creatively work together to understand these businesses, define problem(s) and then propose recommendations/solutions to the businesses.
• 6 weeks of extensive consulting experience in a multicultural environment
• Exposure to a wide variety of business problems in an international setting
• Exposure to the world of innovation, commercialization and entrepreneurship
• Client interaction with real businesses and entrepreneurs
• Real-world application of your business knowledge and skills in the afternoons with regional business
• The basics of business planning, feasibility studies and structuring companies for financing
• Work in teams with students from University of Pecs and the US
• A great resume building experience
• Lifelong friendships, international business contacts and references
• Fun cultural activities outside of work (international culinary festival, music festivals, short weekend trips)
What we want:
• Sophomore/Junior/ or Senior students
• Students interested in application of classroom learning to real businesses.
• Highly motivated conscientious people
• Good academic standing with their college
• Strong interest in entrepreneurship, innovation and commercialization
• Positive attitude
• Hard workers who also enjoy fun
• Students that are open-minded and open to new experiences
• Students eager to get real-world business experience
• Students who want to learn about doing business in a foreign country
• Flexibility to work outside you field of interest
• No previous consulting experience required.
Application to the Program:
Students interested should send a brief email stating their interest in the program, along with a resume to INFO@simonyicenter.com immediately. Students will be selected based on criteria above and an interview with the Program Director.